Featuring floral designer Debby Jewesson, owner of Dallas, Texas-based Branching Out Events, this episode of This Week in Weddings dives into the challenges of running a wedding business as a parent. A mother of two, Debby shares her journey as well as tips for surviving entrepreneurship and parenthood.
About our guest:
Debby Jewesson is the Owner & Creative Director of Branching Out Events. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, Debby began her professional career as a middle school PE teacher and volleyball coach. In 2000, a desire to change careers inspired the leap of faith that introduced her to the world of floral design.
Debby launched Branching Out Events in 2009, and quickly developed a reputation for her high energy and creativity. Her love of flowers is contagious, as is her genuine enthusiasm for each event!
That same passion and enthusiasm for bringing out the best in people as a coach is now channeled into encouraging her staff to work as a team and exceed the expectations for each client. From weddings in a white chapel, receptions on a private ranch or a gala with a grand theme, Debby appreciates the designer’s challenge of bringing each unique vision to life.
When not working, Debby loves relaxing in her hammock, spending time with her family and snuggling with her Saint Bernard, Max.
In this episode, listeners will hear:
- An entrepreneur’s journey from business owner, to stay-at-home mom, back to business owner
- How saying “yes” to every opportunity can be detrimental to your family
- How saying “no” can create a better work-life balance
- How this business owner makes time for family time and vacations
- Significant life changes Debby made to improve her life and family