When you run a small business, it’s only natural to look around and see what your colleagues are up to. But do you have a healthy approach to competition? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a wedding industry entrepreneur turned business coach about how she went from watching what her competitors were doing to reclaiming her own unique voice in the industry. Whether you are just starting out or have years of experience under your belt, this week’s episode is sure to hit home and put the idea of competition into a new light.
About our guest:
Lane’ Richards is a multidisciplinary entrepreneur and creative behind Something Borrowed Portland, an award-winning event design and specialty rental company based in Portland, Oregon. Her newest venture, Wedding Pro Coaching, offers mastermind business coaching and educational programs to wedding industry professionals who need help building, running, and growing their businesses in the crowded wedding industry.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Lane’s background in the event industry and how she got into coaching
- What a non-healthy approach to competition looks like
- How Lane has avoided getting caught up in the social media spiral of checking out her competitors
- Lane’s view on sharing information and being an open book
- Ways to balance between being helpful to your colleagues while not giving away the secret sauce
Want to connect with Lane?