There’s no doubt that Instagram is a popular social media platform for the wedding industry. Many wedding industry professionals even credit Instagram for bringing them business and growing sales. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a social media maven all about Instagram and her tips for what to post, where to post, and even how to evaluate your strategy with the platform’s statistics.
About our guest:
Samantha Roberts was a Division 1 golfer based out of California, but found herself spending most of her days on the course dreaming about weddings instead of her next shot. After deciding a career as a professional golfer wasn’t for her, she packed up her bags and headed to New York City to pursue this irrevocable love of all things bridal.
Samantha became the social media manager of The Knot, helping to establish the brand as the go-to social destination for brides, dreamers and wedding professionals alike. Not only did her articles and blog posts receive millions of views on TheKnot.com, but her focus on Instagram helped the brand win the DigiDay award for “Best Brand Instagram.”
Since then, Samantha has transitioned into a social media and content strategist specializing in the wedding industry, with large wedding brands like Kleinfeld Bridal in her portfolio.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Samantha’s background and how she went from pursuing a professional golf career to the wedding industry
- What types of images perform the best on Instagram
- The biggest mistakes wedding pros are making when it comes to selecting images for Instagram
- How to use Instagram’s insights feature to better gauge interest for your images
- How to use your Instagram feed vs. Instagram stories
Want to connect with Samantha?