The saying goes that it’s all about who you know, and being well connected in the wedding industry can certainly be helpful for building and growing your business. But when you’re shy or an introvert, networking can be terrifying. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a successful wedding planner who has learned how to turn her introvert tendencies into strengths when networking and operating her business.
About our guest:
With over thirteen years of experience, award winning wedding planner Alicia Keats has earned her place among the most sought after wedding planners in Canada. Alicia is known to be a passionate, devoted wedding planner who is always graceful under pressure. Her desire to create, not only an individualized planning experience but also to create an extraordinary, personalized wedding celebration for her couples, has earned her the reputation of being one of the best.
In addition to being named one of the best wedding planners in the world by Vogue Magazine two years in a row, her work has been featured in numerous publications and top wedding blogs including Wedluxe, Real Weddings Magazine, WeddingBells, Style Me Pretty, Junebug Weddings and 100 Layer Cake. In 2012, she was awarded the Industry Achievement award by her peers at the BC Wedding Awards as well as many WeddingWire Couple Choice awards over the years.
When Alicia is not planning weddings, she can be found cuddling her sweet baby boy, cooking with her husband or searching for the next tasty culinary experience.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Alicia’s background and how she went from pursuing an acting career to becoming a wedding planner
- How Alicia’s shyness has served her well with building genuine relationships
- Alicia’s strategies for psyching herself up before attending networking events
- Strategies for networking when you’re a natural introvert, including Alicia’s go-to strategy for breaking the ice
- How being shy and introverted has successfully served her clients
Want to connect with Alicia?