If you grow your business larger than a company of one, you may find yourself in a situation where you’ve hired an employee that might not be a good fit. The theory goes that you should hire slowly and fire quickly, but if you need to let someone go, do you know how to do it most effectively? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with two wedding industry veterans who reflect on their experience firing an employee and how they did it completely wrong.
About our guest:
Courtney and Dana are a sister duo based in the Raleigh NC area. They have been in the event industry for almost 13 years and run C and D Events, The Bradford, and Bushel and Peck Florals. Because they are not busy enough – they have recently launched Hustle and Gather – their inspirational/business coaching division designed to inspire and normalize the crazy that comes with entrepreneurship. They laugh and bicker in equal measures and still choose to vacation together! Their dream sister trip is to drink their way through Italy – sans children and husbands!
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- How Courtney and Dana got into the wedding industry
- Courtney and Dana’s hiring journey, going from just the two of them to full time employees and part-time contractors
- How and when they knew the employee wasn’t a good representation of their company
- How they communicated the change of employment with the employee, and how they wish they’d done it differently
Want to connect with Courtney and Dana?
- C & D Events: http://www.canddevents.com / IG: @canddevents
- The Bradford: http://www.thebradfordnc.com / IG: @TheBradfordNC
- Bushel and Peck: http://www.bandpdesigns.com / IG: @BushelandPeckWeddings
- Hustle and Gather: IG: @HustleandGather
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by the OFD Collective.