Tom Hanks. Andy Cohen. Idris Elba. We all know what they have in common. And without a doubt, the list of stars who have first-hand experience with COVID-19 is going to continue to grow just as the list of ordinary people who contract it continues grows. Truly, no one is immune. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a wedding and event photographer who has joined the list of Covid-19 survivors. Now that she has recovered, she’s doing her part to educate others by sharing her story. Listen in as she shares how she contracted it, what her symptoms were, and her experience with the illness and recovery. And not only that, but she has some solid ideas on what we all must do to now in order to save lives.
About our guest:
With a MFA in visual art and a passion for empathic storytelling, Lara has built a successful career within the photography field. Her ability to bear witness and translate that emotionally through striking compositions has created a strong reputation within the wedding industry over the past 13 years. Her work has been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, Boston Weddings Magazine, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Style Me Pretty, The Huffington Post and many more. Lara is based in Boston and travels all over the U.S. and internationally for weddings and commissions.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Lara’s background and how she got started in the wedding industry (more than 13 years ago!)
- How Lara contracted the coronavirus (You guys!!! She was working an event!)
- Lara’s first symptoms and how she found out she may have been exposed to the virus
- Lara’s experience as one of the first suspected cases at her Boston hospital
- The timing from contraction to recovery and the steps Lara took to ensure her husband didn’t also get the virus
- Having experienced Covid-19, Lara’s thoughts about events continuing and what we must do to prevent the continued spread of the virus
Want to connect with Lara?
- Online: http://thestudionouveau.com/
- Instagram: @studionouveau_
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/studionouveau/
- Email: email@example.com
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by Honeybook.