Oh Instagram! It’s the social media channel of choice for so many in the wedding industry, but are you using Instagram Stories as effectively as you could be? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with photographer Abby Jiu about leveraging Instagram Stories to show your personality and behind the scenes of your business in order to boost your sales. If you’ve just dipped your toe in the IG stories waters, this episode is for you!
About our guest:
Abby Jiu has had a passion for gorgeous imagery and creating art since before she can remember. Her style is the best of both worlds, using film cameras and digital cameras to catch the stolen glances, fits of laughter, and heartfelt emotions sprinkled among the ever-important beautiful details that make each couple’s wedding day unique. She loves having the opportunity to get to know her couples, watching the personalized touches come together and using the relationship she’s built to preserve precious memories on film.
When she’s not behind the camera, Abby fills her time with her husband Jamey, a bossy bulldog named Lola, and traveling abroad. She’s received numerous accolades for her work, including being named one of Martha Stewart Weddings’ Top Photographers and Washingtonian Editor’s Pick. You can see her work on the pages of Brides, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, Southern Weddings, Washingtonian Bride & Groom, and Southern Living Weddings and many more.In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Abby’s background and how she booked her first weddings
- Using Instagram stories to better connect with couples
- The difference in the Instagram feed and Instagram stories and how to use each one for different purposes
- Infusing your personality in Instagram stories
- Ideas for behind-the-scenes stories that work well on Instagram
- Getting over your hesitation and showing your face on your IG stories
Want to connect with Abby?