We all know that it’s important to have a web presence as a small business owner. But what are the biggest website mistakes that entrepreneurs are making? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a web developer about website nightmares and the easiest ways to avoid them. From slow loading websites, website hacking, and terrible web designers, we’re digging into ways to protect yourself from a website horror story!
About our guest:
Brenda Cadman is a website educator and owns Bon Accord Creative, a website education and web development company based in Charlottetown, on beautiful Prince Edward Island in Atlantic Canada.
After spending nearly 20 years supporting small businesses with their websites, she now has a keen interest and focus on empowering wedding industry and other creative professionals to build their website confidence and to learn how to better protect their websites.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Brenda’s background in web development and how she began working with wedding clients
- Why updating WordPress software and plug-ins is really important for avoiding getting hacked
- Having a proper backup system in place for your website
- What you need to know in terms of logins and passwords for your website, hosting accounts, and domain names
- Tips for avoiding a web developer nightmare
- Things you should be asking when hiring a web developer
- VaultPress (Backups for WordPress)
- Siteground (Hosting)
- Sucuri (Security Plugin)
- iThemes Security Pro (Security Plugin)
- Wordfence (Security Plugin)
- LastPass (Password Management)
- Brenda’s website planning guide, including a list of logins you should have: https://BonAccordCreative.com/guide
Want to connect with Brenda?