It’s a new year, and that means a fresh start, new goals, and an opportunity to make headway with better habits. While setting goals seems basic, there are some proven strategies give you a greater chance for success. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with wedding photographer and educator Lin Pernille who has a passion for annual goal setting. Not only will you hear the interesting story of how Lin’s enthusiasm for goals began, but you’ll also learn some of her best practices for creating goals that you’ll want to stick with.
About our guest:
Lin Pernille is a wedding photographer, videographer, and educator based in Hudson Valley, NY, just north of New York City. She specializes in vibrant, natural, and cheerful weddings, proposals, and events.
Lin is known for her upbeat, high-energy personality, meticulous attention to detail, and her ability to capture the mood of every event. Her work has been featured on HuffPost Weddings, Westchester Wedding Planner, Zola, How They Asked, and many more.
She also teaches workshops & courses to photographers & small business owners of all levels, and has taught at Creative at Heart Conference, The Rising Tide Society, Toms Guide, She Creates Business, and Focused Podcast.
When she’s not shooting, editing, or teaching, Lin is probably trying out a new keto recipe, redecorating her house, or hiking a new trail with her boyfriend Corrado.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- How Lin got started with photography and when she quickly transitioned to weddings
- Lin’s background that made goals such a priority for her family
- Best practices for writing out your goals, including the SMART goals method as well as Lin’s signature DOPE goals.
- Some of the biggest mistakes people make when setting goals and how to avoid them
- Lin’s tips for keeping your goals top of mind throughout the year
- Lin’s FREE goal setting workbook at http://www.linpernille.com/twiw
Want to connect with Lin?
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by Honeybook.