If you’ve ever considered going into business with a friend, this week’s episode is a must listen! From the importance of doing things the legal way to figuring out how to cope with different work styles, there’s a lot to consider. And how do you work through conflict in business without it affecting your friendship? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with two wedding photographers who have mastered the titles of best friends and business partners and are sharing the secrets of their success.
About our guests:
Anée Atelier is a New York City photography boutique, led by best friend duo, Gina Esposito and Sheena Meekins. Gina is an award-winning photographer with 17 years experience and more than 1,000 weddings and events captured across the U.S., Caribbean, Middle East, Europe and Southeast Asia. Likewise, Sheena is a seasoned creative who co-founded Anée Atelier following an esteemed eight-year career in publishing, with magazines including Teen Vogue, People, People StyleWatch and Essence Magazine. Recognized twice as Marketer of the Year by Condé Nast, Sheena brings her unique pedigree and a refined eye, informed by the Vogue standard.
Together their dynamic backgrounds craft an elevated aesthetic that blends the art of unobtrusive storytelling with an editorial approach to photography. The women of Anée Atelier are native New Yorkers and natural-born storytellers. More than just cameras, they are catalysts.The yin to each other’s yang—a power couple of creative duos, thriving on chemistry, collaboration and all the unapologetic quirks that make each couple completely unique.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Gina and Sheena’s background and how they got started in the wedding industry
- The importance of structuring the business legally even when it’s with a bestie
- How communication is key for their business relationship
- How their work styles are completely opposite, but also work really well together
- Gina and Sheena’s tips for things you should do with someone prior to getting into business together to see how they work under stress, pressure and time constraints
Want to connect with Gina and Sheena?
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by Honeybook.