Oh Millenials! They always get a bad rap, but when Millenials are our clients (and employees) in the wedding industry, it’s important that we understand who they are, how they think, and how best to work with them. In this episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with Dallas-based event planner Meredith Commender, who has the skinny on the mindset and preferences of this generation, born between 1981 and 1999.
About our guest:
Meredith Commender, CSEP has been the owner and Lead Event Coordinator & Designer at Significant Events of Texas for the past 11 years. Weddings are the largest sector of her business, but she frequently produces events for charitable organizations and corporate clients as well.
Meredith also runs a successful internship program and the majority of both her clients, employees, and interns are of the millennial generation. Prior to starting Significant Events, Meredith taught high school English for 7 years where she faced the successes and challenges of educating and assisting Millennials on a daily basis.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- The history and period of time that shaped this generation
- How parenting styles changed over time, and how this change affecting Millenials behavior
- Communicating with Millenials
- The strengths Millenials have when it comes to collaboration and brainstorming
- Some of the biggest challenges you might face when employing Millenials
- Changes you can make today to your website to better appeal to Millenials
Want to connect with Meredith?