YouTube is the new television. And the new search engine! There’s no disputing that the video platform has grown exponentially and is where millions of people are finding information, tutorials, and entertainment. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a wedding planner and designer who is using YouTube to expand her reach, educate couples, and project her personality to potential clients. Whether you’re a YouTuber or not, this episode will certainly give you something to think about when it comes to expanding your marketing mix.
About our guest:
As You Wish’s Owner, Designer and Planner, Rachel Burt Garcia, pairs her extensive background in design and her dedication to detail to plan the wedding or event her clients have always dreamed of! Her professional yet spunky personality makes her a favorite of clients and vendors alike. Rachel has planned hundreds of luxury weddings and events nationally and internationally, including many high profile events such as the Margot Perot Center for Woman and Infants’ anniversary celebration for the Perot family, on-air parties for Stephanie Hollman of “Real Housewives of Dallas”, the wedding of Mark Phariss and Vic Holmes – the couple that challenged the state of Texas for the right to legalize gay marriage – and the KISS FM wedding with rapper, Coolio.
In addition to “Real Housewives of Dallas”, Rachel can also be seen on TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress”. Her unique perspective on aesthetics has garnered her many awards and accolades such as the NACE “Color Me a Cure” tabletop design competition and several magazine and blog features in publications like D Weddings, Modern Luxury Weddings, Inside Weddings, Brides of North Texas, Style Me Pretty and many more. She currently holds the title of Certified Wedding Planner through the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners (AACWP) where she sat on the board of directors and has her ear to the ground on everything going on in the industry!
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Rachel’s background and how got into the wedding industry
- Why Rachel decided to use YouTube as a marketing tool
- How Rachel records and edits her videos
- The must-do tip for making your videos stand out on YouTube
- What Rachel learned about “batching” multiple videos all in one day
- The change Rachel is making in order to be able to be more consistent
- The results that Rachel’s found from adding YouTube to her marketing mix
- Rachel’s YouTube Channel
- Instagram: @asyouwish_dfw
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asyouwishdfw/
- Twitter: @asyouwish_dfw
- Pinterest- https://www.pinterest.com/asyouwishdfw/
Pingback: Friday Favorites: Instagram Formatting Tips, Create Better Biz Graphics, Using YouTube in Marketing