We talk about SEO constantly when it comes to getting your business seen on the internet, but so many small businesses are not taking advantage of the free business listing with Google My Business. Even if you have created a listing on Google, when was the last time you updated it, added more current photos, and created FAQs? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a Google My Business pro about the features of the free listing and what steps every business owner should be taking to make this free service work for you to get exposure for your company.
About our guest:
Amanda Tento is the owner and founder of THE DETERMINED MOM and ONLINE MARKETING FOR MOMS.COM! She lives with her husband, Bert, and their three daughters in Lacey, Washington. Amanda was determined to be a work at home mom as soon as she possibly could when she found out the had a third daughter on the way, she had to find a way not to go back to her 9-7 managing a credit union branch. She loved the job, but she felt like she never saw her family! She has been making her own way for 2.5 years now!
She decided that the best way to do this is to put her varied skill set to work. She started The Determined Mom Digital Marketing Agency to help small business owners grow their business and reach more customers. She has 13 years of business management experience and she uses it daily for her clients and her own business! She is also a full-time mother, wife, and student!
The Determined Mom offers Google My Business Management and Education, Marketing Coaching, and a Marketing Tech Membership called OnlineMarketingForMoms.com! Mom Business owners can learn SEO, WordPress design and so much other marketing technology!
Amanda also offers one on one Marketing Implementation Coaching to help women conquer the tech headaches of Marketing. She hosts The Determined Mom Show podcast which can be found on your favorite podcast player.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Amanda’s background and how she became an expert with Google My Business
- What a Google My Business listing is and why everyone in the wedding industry should have one
- The process for getting a Google My Business listing
- How to list your business on Google My Business if you don’t have a physical storefront or want people to see your
- The frequency that business owners should post to their Google My Business account
- The features of Google My Business
- How to use Google My Business for wedding businesses that largely do destination work as opposed to a localized market
- Amanda’s Google My Business Master Course
- Scheduling Tool for Google My Business – SocialBee
Want to connect with Amanda?
- Google My Business Management
- Online: https://www.onlinemarketingformoms.com/
- The Determined Mom Podcast
- Google My Business Master Course
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!