If you have an established, respected business in the wedding industry, chances are high that you’ve had people reach out to “pick your brain” for advice and guidance. But at what point do you go from being an open book about your process to actually monetizing it? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting about making the transition into coaching and consulting, including running memberships. With a completely different target audience and structure, there are certainly things to know before jumping in head first.
About our guest:
After a decade in weddings and events, Amber Anderson, founder of Heavenly Day Events, pivoted her career into coaching others while maintaining a role in her planning company in Austin, Texas.
As the host of Refine for Wedding Planners, Amber desires to coach and mentor planners via the largest Facebook group exclusively for wedding planners by offering a course, retreat, membership and templates. Amber is known for having radical honesty, often saying what most people are thinking but won’t say, striving to elevate the industry one conversation at a time.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Amber’s background in the wedding industry
- How Amber became a business coach by purchasing an established community and brand
- The costs associated with running a coaching business or membership, and how it’s not exactly passive income
- Determining your ideal client for your coaching business or membership offering
- How running a membership or coaching program requires an entire new skillset, including sales funnels and email marketing
Want to connect with Amber?
- Online: https://refineforweddingplanners.com/
- Instagram: @refineforweddingplanners
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/REFINEforWeddingPlanners/
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!