Who would have thought way back in 2019 that virtual events would be a thing? You guys… it’s a thing, and they don’t seem to be going away anytime soon. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting about virtual events, some tips to know if you’re trying to take them on, as well as what vendor categories in the wedding industry are best suited to get in on the action.
About our guest:
Amy Nichols has been planning bespoke weddings and celebrations for over a decade. Born and raised on an avocado and lemon farm in Southern California, she has always had a love of nature, design and entertaining! After graduating from Middlebury College, she began her career in finance in New York City and quickly realized that passion for celebrating life’s moments could be a rewarding and fulfilling profession. From there, she made her way back to California and founded Amy Nichols Special Events, where her affinity for details and welcoming personality have earned her a sterling reputation.
Amy believes that life is full of reasons to celebrate. She cherishes the role she gets to play in the lives of her clients, serving as both a close confidant and a trustworthy advocate as she works tirelessly to execute the refined, effortless events for which she is known. Amy understands that the little things in life – the perfect glass of wine, a stunning sunset over an exotic beach, or that first mouthwatering bite of an extraordinary meal – should be revered, and she brings a deep appreciation for these fleeting moments to every event she designs.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Amy’s background and how she got started in the wedding and event industry
- The inherent challenges of live broadcasts and why they aren’t as easy as many people like to think that they are
- Technical tips for moving from in-person events to virtual events
- Ideas for how various vendor categories that can take advantage of virtual events, including stationers, videographers, DJs, hair and makeup artists and planners
- Thinking through pricing for virtual events
Want to connect with Amy?
- Online: www.amynichols.com and Intimate I Do’s by Amy Nichols Special Events
- Instagram: @amynicholsse and @intimate.i.dos
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!