It’s safe to say that many wedding pros thought if we could just get through 2020, we’d be in a good place. And then 2021 happened. Not only did we continue to see events getting cancelled and postponed in the first half of the year, but now that weddings are back, we’re seeing supply chain issues, staffing issues, and wedding pros with a lack of work/life balance just to get everything accomplished. Ugh! In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting all about this and a few tips for thriving during this time.
About our guest:
Andrea Smith is the owner of SoiréeSmith, an event planning company that serves Chicago’s North Shore. After a decade in catering sales for prestigious brands — such as Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria — and two children later, she was inspired to start creating events from all angles of the guest experience. Founded in 2017, the SoiréeSmith mission is to ensure their clients feel like guests at their own events.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Andrea’s background and how she got started in the wedding industry
- How Andrea adjusted to 2020 when events weren’t happening
- How and why Andrea made her mental health a priority
- Andrea’s quarterly goal-setting habits
- Being selective with what you say yes to
- Episode #196: Creating Systems for Your Business with Nikisha Hidalgo
Want to connect with Andrea?
- Online: https://soireesmith.com/
- Instagram: @soireesmith