Getting found by potential buyers is key for any business, and the wedding industry is no exception. Being in business means being a marketer, and in this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting all about marketing, what it means, and tips for doing it successfully. Our guest is not only in the wedding industry, but joined it with an extensive background in the corporate world and an MBA. Listen is as she shares her advice for marketing your business effectively.
About our guest:
Courtney Wolf is Invision Event’s principal planner and a founder of Educate | Empower | Encourage, a private, members-only online learning community for high achieving creatives – the dreamers and the doers. A business and life coach wrapped up in a wedding planner’s body, she’s been dubbed a “personal trainer for your small biz” and a “small business therapist”. Her background includes a degree in Marketing as well as her MBA and with this lens she views our industry objectively and runs all things operational and client facing for Invision.
Together alongside Julie Bunkley, Invision’s owner and creative director, they serve couples from coast to coast and are known for their refined and tailored aesthetic as well as their thoughtful and intentional approach. Featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, People, The New York Times, Fortune, BRIDES, In Style and Bridal Guide, they’ve been named by Southern Living as one of the South’s Best Wedding Planners.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Courtney’s background and how she got started in the wedding industry
- The 4 P’s of Marketing
- How Courtney tracks client inquiries in order to determine what channels are the most effective
- The importance of understanding your ideal client, including where they shop and how they celebrate
- Looking through the lens of your client vs. your own
- Why cutting marketing isn’t the first thing you should do during a downturn
- The value of networking and relationship building
Want to connect with Courtney?
- Online: http://www.invision.events/ and https://www.educateempowerencourage.com/
- Instagram: @invisionevents / @courtney_invision
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/invisionevents
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!