We’re constantly involved with negotiations in our daily lives – from discussing where to eat for lunch with friends to reviewing contracts with service providers. But as a wedding industry business, are you willing to negotiate in your own business in order to close the deal? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a negotiation strategist about this very topic.
About our guest:
A highly sought-after leadership and negotiation strategist, Elizabeth Suárez is committed to helping professionals and their organizations establish working environments where people are empowered to be skilled leaders and negotiators. After climbing the ranks of corporate America, she spent the last decade creating the impactful and interactive platform Negotiation Unleashed, a coaching, training and facilitation resource for professionals. As a previous corporate executive turned negotiation influencer, she created this platform to guide leaders into thriving decision-makers and strategists.
Elizabeth holds an MBA from The University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, and a BS in chemical engineering from Cornell University. She completed the Executive Management Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. She is a graduate of the Center for Creative Leadership, National Hispana Leadership Institute (NHLI) and Leadership Denver. She is a certified MBTI practitioner and mediator trained by the Colorado Council of Mediators and the Colorado Bar Association.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Elizabeth’s background and how she became an expert in negotiation
- Ways to negotiate that don’t necessarily come down to price
- Elizabeth’s thoughts on pricing your services in order give flexibility for negotiation
- Knowing when it’s time to walk away from the negotiation
Want to connect with Elizabeth?
- Online: https://negotiationunleashed.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SalaryQueen/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/speakerelizabeth/
- Twitter: @elizabethsuarez