Most small businesses fizzle before hitting their five year anniversary, and the wedding industry is no different. With vendors coming and going, how do you become one of the more tenured folks that sticks around and continues to thrive? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with Katie Easley of Kate Ryan Design, who is sharing her tips for having a career in the wedding industry that lasts. From networking to furthering your education, Katie tells it like it is and shares her best advice for making it for the long haul.
About our guest:
Leading floral stylist and event designer Katie Easley of award-winning Kate Ryan Design set out with one goal: to create joy for her clients. And she did just that, establishing Scottsdale-based Kate Ryan Design, combining her interior design background with her love of florals.
Thanks in part to her roots in corporate interior design, Katie quickly grew her small business to sales of over a quarter of a million dollars a year, catching attention of the Society of American Florists, who honored her as ‘Marketer of the Year’ in 2012.
This accolade launched her consultancy and since then, Katie has worked with small businesses throughout North America on their sales prospecting, growth strategy and client experience. Ultimately, her goal is to help others grow by defining the value they bring to the marketplace, so that they can close more sales with their ideal clients.
Katie is a regular fixture on television, and her worked can be seen in the pages of Grace Ormonde, Modern Luxury Magazine and the Chicago Sun-Times, among others. She is the immediate past president for WIPA Phoenix, and an acclaimed industry speaker.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Katie’s background in interior design and wedding planning, and how that led to her current passion of floral and event design
- Why networking never gets old and continues to be important throughout your career
- Katie’s tips for being well connected in the industry, and not just through social media
- Katie’s easy tips for connecting with other vendors in your market prior to an event
- The importance of communicating to vendors who used to refer you, but are not doing so any longer
Want to connect with Katie?