Public speaking has widely been one of the most common fears for people, but if you’re trying to establish yourself as an expert in the industry, public speaking is inevitable. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a public speaking coach who shares some tips for preparing, practicing, and presenting your way to a better public speaking.
About our guest:
Jezra Kaye, President of Speak Up for Success, is a Brooklyn-based public speaking coach, workshop leader, speechwriter, and keynote speaker with more than 25 years of experience in corporate, not-for-profit, and start-up communications. Her clients range from CEOs to celebrity chefs, and from scientists to social entrepreneurs. A former jazz singer, she is the author of three popular books on public speaking and a novel, and has co-authored three books on management and fundraising best practices.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Jezra’s background as a jazz singer and how she became a public speaking coach
- Writing a speech vs. speaking impromptu
- Tips for practicing public speaking
- The scientific reason that drinking alcohol before giving a speech is a bad idea
- Why public speaking is a physical exercise
- Jezra’s book “Speak Like Yourself – No Really”
Want to connect with Jezra?