Breaking into speaking as an industry expert is no easy feat, but making it to the main stage of a national conference is an achievement of a select few. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with public relations expert Meghan Ely about getting into the national conference speaking circuit. From why to do it to how much it pays, we’re digging in deep to making it on the main stage.
About our guest:
OFD Consulting owner, Meghan Ely, combines in-the-trenches event experience with a love of wedding PR to empower her clients to take their businesses to new heights.
A long-time industry speaker and writer, she is a WeddingPro educator with The Knot and WeddingWire, as well as a regular contributor to Wedding Planner Magazine, Wedding Business Magazine, Catersource and SpecialEvents.com.
Meghan represents clients globally and has earned them coverage with the New York Times, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, Refinery 29, Forbes and Real Simple, among other outlets. Her team’s publicity efforts are regularly honored by the Public Relations Society of America. Special Events also has honored her as one of the top 25 young professionals in the event industry.
Most recently, Meghan launched WeddingIndustrySpeakers.com, a go-to resource for in-demand event industry educators.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- How Meghan got her first speaking opportunity at a national conference
- Reasons for wanting to become a speaker at national conferences
- The first steps to take when trying to get into the speaking circuit
- How conferences typically pay speakers and how much you can expect to make as a wedding industry speaker
- Meghan’s webinar about Creating Your Own Speaker’s Platfrom
Want to connect with Meghan?
- Online: https://ofdconsulting.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ofdconsulting
- Instagram: @ofdconsulting
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by Honeybook.