Featuring Meghan Ely, owner of wedding PR and marketing agency OFD Consulting, this episode of This Week in Weddings explores public relations strategies for the wedding industry. From Real Wedding submissions to being identified as an expert in the media, Meghan Ely shares her top tips for getting noticed in the media through means other than paid advertising.
About our guest:
OFD Consulting owner, Meghan Ely, combines in-the-trenches event experience with a love of wedding marketing and wedding PR to empower her clients to take their businesses to new heights. Meghan is a WeddingWire Education Expert as well as a regular contributor to Wedding Planner Magazine, Book More Brides, Wedding Business Magazine, Catersource and SpecialEvents.com.
She is an adjunct professor in the Mass Communication department at Virginia Commonwealth University, specializing in Public Relations.
Meghan is the national Director of Communications for the Wedding Industry Professionals Association national board and the 2016 chair of the NACE education committee.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- The basics of PR, including how PR differs from advertising
- Pros and cons of styled shoots
- Submitting real weddings to publications
- Where to submit – print vs. blogs
- Building relationships with editors
- How to determine if you can do your own PR vs. hiring a professional
- HARO – https://www.helpareporter.com/
Want to connect with Meghan?