In today’s world of social media, good publicity and bad publicity can spread like wildfire. For a small business owner, that can be scary! Could one negative review or one disgruntled client completely destroy your business and the reputation you’ve worked so hard to build and maintain?
In this week’s episode of the This Week in Weddings podcast, we’re talking to photographer, author and coach Andrea Polito, who was thrown into the spotlight when one of her wedding couples went on the local news to talk negatively about her business. A two year legal battle resulted in her winning a defamation lawsuit, and Andrea’s on the podcast to share her story.
About our guest:
Author, Coach, Speaker and Internationally acclaimed photographer Andrea Polito is a master-lifestyle and wedding photographer sought after by celebrities and professional athletes. Her work has been featured in over 150 publications including Town and Country, Architectural Digest, Martha Stewart, Time, Huffington Post and New York Times. She has also made special guest appearances on TLC, CNN & CBS. Andrea’s online coaching program and her first book “8 Steps to 800k as a Photographer” has raised the bar for photographers across the globe who are looking to grow and scale their business.
In July 2017, Andrea won a $1.08 million dollar defamation lawsuit setting precedent for all business owners against online bullying, social shaming and social media defamation. Her case has received more than 400 million impressions world wide and has made Andrea one of the most sought after speakers on online business reputation and online defamation. She is currently working on her second book to be released early 2018 on business bullies and how to protect yourself from an online attack and smear campaign.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- The first signs that Andrea had disgruntled clients
- How the wedding couple quickly escalated the situation
- Andrea’s two year legal battle and the five counts she sued the clients for
- What Andrea learned about herself and her thoughts about the wedding industry from her experience
- What everyone should be aware of when putting false information online or sharing that information
- Andrea’s book “The 8 Steps to Your First $800,000 as a Photographer” available here.
Want to connect with Andrea?
- Web: www.andreapolito.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/theandreapolito
- Instagram: @theandreapolito
- Twitter: @theandreapolito