The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is “a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU).” But what does that mean for small businesses throughout the world? In this episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with attorney Annette Stepanian who is giving us the low down on what GDPR means, if it applies to us, and what we need to do to make sure we’re in compliance.
About our guest:
Annette Stepanian is an attorney who helps creative professionals and entrepreneurs lay a legal foundation for their business. Through her Office Talk podcast, done-for-you contract templates, online trainings and one-on-one services, Annette seeks to make the law practical, approachable, and dare we say it – even a little fun.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Annette’s background and how she’s helping creative businesses with all things legal
- The basics of GDPR and who it applies to
- What information small businesses should be inventorying when it comes to consumer data
- Why you should be removing data you don’t need on a regular basis
- The importance of privacy policies and terms of service on your website
- Fines for non-compliance
Want to connect with Annette?