In a world that’s full of uncertainty, it can be challenging to maintain your sense of inner peace. And for wedding pros who are used to the constant hustle, maintaining any sort of balance can be difficult as well. But there are steps you can take right now to get your zen on! In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a wedding industry veteran who shares some practical tips for finding time for yourself and getting more calm and centered.
About our guest:
We may recognize Gurminder for his versatility as a creative photographer with Banga Studios. But, what you may not know is in the last 3 years, Gurminder has developed a fond and growing interest in spirituality and mindfulness. A lover of several meditation practices, ranging from Breath-work, Mantra, Question, or Silent Meditation, Gurminder is on a journey to uncover more of the teachings of his inner world, so he can live by them in his outer world. His practice begins at 5am daily, and the results speak for themselves; more grounding, less anxiety, more love, less fear, more conscious choices, and less impulse decisions.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Gurminder’s background and how he got started in the wedding industry
- What initiated Gurminder’s interest in better balance and zen
- Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTS) – what they are and how to switch them around
- The benefits of journaling
- The power of meditation
- Gurminder’s morning routine, and the things he does every day to carve out time for self improvement
- Gurminder’s first podcast episode with TWIW – Breaking Into South Asian Weddings
Want to connect with Gurminder?
- Online: https://www.bangastudios.ca/
- Instagram: @g.banga
- Guided Meditations: https://gbanga.podia.com/
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!