Being a serial entrepreneur is not a foreign concept to many of us. Often times, when you’ve built a successful business, the idea of creating another one is exciting. But, if you have grand plans for another business or even a spin-off of your current offerings, how do you make time for the new adventure. In this week’s episode of This Week In Weddings, we’re chatting with a wedding industry entrepreneur who successfully created a secondary brand when she saw a need in the market. Listen in to hear the circumstances that led her to come up with her second business idea, the research that she did before launching, and how she is able to manage two separate, yet connected, businesses.
About our guest:
Kirsten Palladino is the editorial director and cofounder of Equally Wed, the world’s leading LGBTQ+ wedding website. She is the author of Equally Wed: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding (Seal Press), and the creator and lead educator of Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course.
Kirsten and her company have won awards from Glamour magazine, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Time magazine, Rising Tide Society, Honeybook, the Webbys and Fenuxe magazine. She has been featured in a variety of media outlets including The New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Forbes, Chicago Tribune, The Knot magazine, Out magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides magazine, The Advocate magazine, Glamour magazine, NPR, CNN and more.
Kirsten regularly speaks on stages around the globe as a Wedding Pro Educator for The Knot and WeddingWire, as well as for other conferences such as Engage! Luxury Wedding Business Summit, WIPA, Rising Tide Society, Wedding Industry Education and more. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with her wife and twin sons.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- How planning her own wedding made Kirsten interested in joining the wedding industry
- How and when Kirsten decided to open a secondary branch of her business
- The biggest thing Kirsten did with her main business to allow her the time to create another one
- How she markets her two different brands to two different audiences
Want to connect with Kirsten?
- Online: http://equallywed.com and http://equallywedpro.com
- Instagram: @equallywed and @equallywedpro
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/equallywedmagazine and http://facebook.com/equallywedpro
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by Honeybook.