Getting your work published in a wedding magazine or blog is an aspirational goal for many. But with fewer publications out there, it’s more competitive than ever. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting about best practices for finding the right publications to submit to, getting your work published, and following up.
About our guest:
Jainé Kershner is a wedding photographer based in New York. Jainé Kershner Photography was handpicked as one of NY’s best wedding photographers to know by BRIDES and has been featured in several publications including Martha Stewart Weddings, BRIDES, Style Me Pretty, and The Knot.
In 2018, Jainé launched “Tea with Jainé” to directly educate wedding photographers with honest answers, actionable steps, and tangible tips to successfully grow and create a profitable photography business. She hosts her weekly podcast “Tea with Jainé” where she chats with wedding industry insiders who share their knowledge, experience, and expertise directly with her audience. Jainé is a dedicated business coach who offers one-on-one sessions along with submission curations services for wedding photographers.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Jainé’s background and how she got into the wedding and event industry
- Finding the right publication match for your work
- The benefits of print vs. online publication
- What publications are looking for in terms of images
- When to submit based on wedding seasonality
- Jainé’s suggestions for following up once a wedding has been submitted
Want to connect with Jainé?
- Online: https://www.jainekershner.com/
- Instagram: @jainekershner
- Tea with Jainé podcast for wedding photographers