Running a successful wedding industry business can be all consuming. And for many of us, it becomes our life! But the imbalance of work and personal priorities can wreak havoc, especially when it comes to relationships. Are you balancing both well? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with an industry veteran about her personal journey as a working mom and the fallout she suffered when her work, her marriage, and her children weren’t perfectly prioritized. Listen in as she shares what she would have done differently as she looks back.
About our guest:
Joann Gregoli is the owner of Elegant occasions by JoAnn Gregoli, a global event planning and production company. She is the author of the Knots Guide to Destination weddings and has planned weddings for many high profile clients and celebrities around the world. She has appeared on Good morning America, Today Show and CBS morning show. She was named as Modern Bride top destination wedding planner.
Besides running a successful business, she is the single mother to 6 children. She has referred to her life, many times, as living in controlled chaos, which makes her life very interesting to say the least.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- JoAnn’s experience in the wedding industry and how she got started
- How JoAnn built her business quickly while also raising six children
- How JoAnn’s business and personal life collided, putting her completely out of balance
- The lessons learned from prioritizing her business and her children over her marriage
- JoAnn’s tips for creating better boundaries with your business
- The importance of putting more fun in your life
- Why it’s important to surround yourself with people who have your back
- Why saying no is critical for creating balance in your life
Want to connect with JoAnn?
- Online: www.elegantoccasionsbyjoanngregoli.com
- Twitter: @JoAnn_Gregoli
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Elegantoccasionsinc/
- Instagram: @joanngregoli
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!