Getting your wedding business active on Pinterest is a perfect task during unexpected business downtime, but Pinterest can be confusing! And many wedding businesses just don’t know how (or why) to use it for marketing their companies. Have no fear… Julianne Smith is here! In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting all about Pinterest for your wedding business and what you should be doing to take advantage of this search engine that’s perfect for showcasing the visuals that the wedding industry is known for.
About our guest:
Julianne Smith is a nationally recognized wedding accessory designer, digital media strategist and small business educator.
Julianne is the owner of The Garter Girl, a stylish wedding garter design company she started in 2004, after she couldn’t find a wedding heirloom worthy of her best friend. The Garter Girl is known for stylish and meticulously handmade wedding heirlooms that are too pretty to toss. The Garter Girl and Julianne have been featured on NBC’s Today Show, Lifetime, The Knot, Martha Stewart, Brides, and Glamour as well as many top wedding magazines and blogs.
Before creating The Garter Girl, Julianne was a political communications strategist, spokeswoman and media specialist. She worked on Capitol Hill for a member of Congress and served in the White House’s administration.
Combining her passion for DC, media and weddings in 2010, Julianne started the Washington DC area’s top wedding website, United With Love. Julianne built United With Love to be a trusted resource and a well-known brand with thousands of readers every day. She sold United With Love in 2016.
Today, Julianne helps creative small businesses throughout the wedding industry who are struggling and confused with their online presence. Julianne offers done-for-you services, online courses and speaking engagements on search engine optimization, blogging and Pinterest.
Born Pennsylvania, Julianne currently lives with her husband and three children in Washington, D.C.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Julie’s background in the wedding industry and digital media
- Pinterest as a search engine, not a social media tool
- Getting specific with pins, including the titles and descriptions to make them SEO-friendly on Pinterest
- How Pinterest drives traffic back to your website
- Pinning regularly on Pinterest, including pre-schedulers that make it easy
- Searching popular topics on Pinterest through trends.pinterest.com
- Juli’s Pinterest course with a $10 discount code for This Week In Wedding listeners using code “TWIW”
Want to connect with Juli?
- Online: https://www.juliannesmith.com/ and https://thegartergirl.com/
- Instagram: @gartergirl
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/gartergirl/
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!