While Instagram and Facebook may be great social media channels, Google still reigns supreme when it comes to finding information on the internet. But getting your company’s website to rise in the search rankings is no easy feat. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with tech guru Julie Novack from PartySlate all about optimizing your website for search engine optimization (SEO). Through a few simple tips focused around content strategy, Julie shares how to better optimize your site with SEO in mind.
About our guest:
Julie is the CEO and Co-Founder of PartySlate, a Houzz-like website where leading event professionals share their work, build their brand and drive leads. Before founding PartySlate, Julie held executive positions at top-tier digital agencies such as Razorfish, Vibes Mobile, and Agency.com. With over 20 years of digital marketing experience with some of the biggest brands in the world, Julie is excited to bring this expertise to the events industry. Julie received an MBA in marketing and finance from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and a BA in Economics from the University of Michigan.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Julie’s background in technology and how she got into the wedding and event industry
- The three different types of SEO – Content SEO, off-site SEO, and technical SEO
- How link backs help give your website authority
- Simple ways to request link backs from your event industry peers and wedding websites
- Why SEO is all about content, content, content
- How (and why) to incorporate more words and not just photos on your website and blog posts
- Checking your pagespeed through Google’s PageSpeed Insights
- Partyslate’s Houzz-inspired website and how to apply for a listing as a pro
Want to connect with Julie?
- Online: www.partyslate.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/partyslate
- Instagram: @partyslate
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/onpartyslate/
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!