With events not taking place in the coming weeks, all of us in the wedding industry have a little bit of down time. There’s never been a better time to take a look at your online presence and do an audit of your brand. But what does that even mean? And how do you do it? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a brand strategist who works with creative professionals in the wedding industry. Kaleigh Wiese is sharing some amazing tips for doing a brand audit, and now that we have some time to do it… there are no excuses!
About our guest:
Kaleigh Wiese is an endless creator, visual branding educator, entrepreneur, and public speaker. She has worked her entire career helping creatives find their visual voice. She found Méldeen in 2008, a luxury branding and paper goods company focused on designing unique touch-points throughout the wedding experience. LABEL by Méldeen launched in 2018 with resources and services to help event pros and creative find their brand voice and visually share their companies uniqueness. Through her work in the industry, she has been featured in The Huffington Post, Enterpreneur.com, Fortune.com Martha Stewart Weddings, Grace Ormonde and has shared trends at Wedding MBA, WIPA, ILEA and other niche creative workshops across the country offering tips for growing your business through visual marketing. in 2020, she has launched her fourth year partnership with WeddingPro (formerly The Knot & Wedding Wire) focusing on sharing her message of strategic brand techniques across the country. When she’s not on the go, you can find her at home in Austin, Texas experimenting in the kitchen, with a book in hand or boating with her husband, Michael, and their two rescue pups, Charlie and Jack.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Kaleigh’s background and how she got started as an entrepreneur
- What makes up your brand
- What auditing your brand means
- The steps you should take quarterly to monitor your online presence
- The importance of doing a Google search of your name and your brand to see what comes up
- Doing a self-audit, but also bringing in an outside perspective with a stranger audit
- Easy ways to create cohesion between your website and social media profiles
- How a brand refresh may be all that you need without a complete re-brand or brand overhaul
- FREE DOWNLOAD: 5 Tips for Self-Auditing Your Brand
- FREE DOWNLOAD: Kaleigh’s color theory guide
Want to connect with Kaleigh?
This episode of This Week In Weddings is sponsored by Honeybook.