If you’ve been on Facebook or Instagram at all in the last few years, you’ve undoubtedly come across an online quiz. Who doesn’t want to know which Disney princess they are?!? But have you ever considered creating your own quiz in order to generate leads for your wedding business? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a wedding photographer who is doing just that and successfully bringing in leads every single day using online quizzes targeted at her ideal client.
About our guest:
With over 6 years of experience photographing intimate weddings, Katie Doherty has traveled from upstate New York to Bali to Tuscany to document unique love stories. Run Away Together, an elopement photography studio based in Los Angeles, emerged from Katie’s desire to work with unconventional, romantic couples who are up for an adventure. Katie adores photographing elopements because they are often a no fuss, no muss approach to getting married. Couples have described her images as nostalgic, poetic, and cinematic.
Katie is also the host of the Run Away Together podcast, a resource for couples who are considering an elopement. On the show, she is able to share her love for travel and inspiring places around the world to elope. She enjoys researching stunning, unique ceremony locations and assists couples in finding the best places to stay, dining options, and things to do for fun in any given city. This eases the couples’ stress and simplifies planning.
When Katie is not photographing weddings, she loves documenting her travels. She’s constantly on the lookout for landscape and nature scenes to create fine art prints, and has partnered with the likes of Samsung and Urban Outfitters. Lastly, Katie is the co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of La Rousse Shoppe, which sells glass photo boxes and other elegant packaging products to photographers.
Her mission is simple: creating beauty for others to enjoy.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Katie’s experience in the wedding industry
- How Katie came up with the idea to create quizzes as a lead generation tool
- Quiz ideas for wedding industry businesses
- Starting from the end of the process (the quiz results) and working backwards to create the questions
- The software Katie uses to create the quiz – Outgrow quiz maker
- How Katie has used Pinterest ads to promote the quiz
- The number of daily leads Katie is now getting through online quizzes
- Katie’s previous podcast episode with This Week In Weddings, “Making Money While You Sleep”
- Copywriter Kayley Vandenberg
Want to connect with Katie?
- Online: http://www.runawaytogether.co/
- Instagram: @runawaytogether.co
- Katie’s podcast – Run Away Together: An Elopement Resource for Couples
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!