Just when you think you have Instagram mastered, they change it up! The new Reels feature launched in August of 2020, and just like all things social media, there’s a bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to make it work for you. But we’re here to help! In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting all about Instagram Reels, how to use it, and how it’s different from Stories and the feed.
About our guest:
Millie is an Online Educator and YouTuber who teaches entrepreneurs the latest strategies and trends on social media to help them skyrocket their brand.
Millie has been studying the creative space for a little over 10 years now. Applying the concepts she’s learned from being a real-life Project Manager in the corporate world and now growing and managing her own personal brand the past three years, Millie has found her passion in helping others create stability, structure & strategy within their business. From landing brand collaborations to figuring out the ever-evolving Instagram algorithm with Reels, she has figured out the secrets to increase efficiency, simplicity and stand out among the saturation—all because she believes:
Running a successful business doesn’t have to be confusing and complicated. IT IS POSSIBLE to make your dreams a reality.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Millie’s background and her experience with online education and content creation
- What the Instagram Reels feature is
- How Instagram Reels differs from the feed, Stories, and IGTV
- A work-around for business accounts to get the music option on their Reels
- Why posting to Reels is ideal for reaching new followers
- Tips for posting to Instagram Reels, including things to avoid
- Millie’s YouTube tutorial on Instagram Reels – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGT4ktjhZc&t=1s
Want to connect with Millie?
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!