If the majority of your business is in your head, it’s time to get a better system. Systems and software can help manage your tasks, streamline communication with clients, and even track your money, not to mention make it easier for your customers to do business with you. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting all about systems in business, why you need them, the first steps in creating one, and when it’s time to hire a professional to help you get started.
About our guest:
Nikisha Hidalgo is the founder and creative director of two thriving companies: Inviting Treasures, a custom illustration design agency specializing in wedding stationery; and ANH Design House, an online stationery store that brings joy to family and friends through paper goods.
In addition to being a successful Black female entrepreneur and business owner, Nikisha is deeply committed to her family. The daughter of Elmore and Agnes, wife to John, mother of two beautiful and strong girls, Haley and Eryn, and a dog mom to her Labradoodle, Cocoa, Nikisha balances work and family life with love and intention.
As a lifelong learner who earned both her Master’s in Public Health and a Master’s in Business Administration, Nikisha is passionate about developing and implementing systems to assist women-owned businesses in creating an organized and easy workflow so they can scale their businesses and level up their earnings.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Nikisha’s background and how she got started in the wedding industry
- Why systems are important in business, particularly as your company scales
- The different types of systems in business – from accounting and bookkeeping to customer relationship management (CRM)
- The first step in creating a system with a brain dump of the steps you take in your business
- How to create a system without making automation feel impersonal
- When to look for help from a professional for creating a system
- The next book for the TWIW Book Club!
Want to connect with Nikisha?
- Online: Invitingtreasures.com and ANH Design House
- Instagram: @nikisha.king
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/invitingtreasuresllc
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!