Is confidence something you’re born with or something you can learn? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting all about confidence and doubt and breaking patterns of negative stories we tell ourselves.
About our guest:
Rocky knows firsthand how difficult it can be to identify what makes us unique on our own. We get caught in insecurities and fears. We tend to spend too much time looking outside, comparing ourselves to what others project, and say about us.
Rocky’s childhood tells a tale of having moved 10 times and having to make new friends at every new school. He ended up spending more time trying to impress or please everyone else; going from one extreme of the pendulum by sailing along on charisma to the other end by living a life of self-sacrifice. No matter how hard he worked, nothing seemed to make sense and he was never able to see his real value or worth. That is until he took a step back and had a long hard look at WHO he was, not just WHAT he did.
After graduating with a communications degree from Texas A&M University, Rocky has spent the past 15 years walking alongside thousands of individuals at Sky Ranch Summer Camp as Director and counseled and supported hundreds while on the pastoral staff at Chase Oaks Church. Now, as a top keynote speaker and culture consultant, he has taken thousands through the Identity Mapping™ process. As a result, they have all been led to understand the most vivid picture of who they are and how they operate best as individuals.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Rocky’s background and how he went from the wedding industry to coaching and consulting entrepreneurs and corporate leaders
- How clarity and confidence go hand in hand
- How our protective nature and defense mechanisms can affect our confidence
- How what we’ve been told by others can create doubt, even if those stories are not true
- Rocky’s Book, “Be Confident: A Pocket Guide to Killing Doubt and Building Conviction”
Want to connect with Rocky?
- Online: https://rockygarza.com/
- Instagram – @rockygarza
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/rockygarza
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/rockygarza/