It’s certainly not uncommon for weddings to be planned by more than one person – bride and groom, bride and mom, groom and groom, bride and her bff! And when you’re a wedding pro trying to sell, it’s challenging to know who you need to actually sell to. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with Sam Jacobson about the best ways to sell when there are multiple people in the room, checking out your website, and potentially reading your email responses.
About our guest:
Sam Jacobson helps event pros book more couples with science-backed sales approaches honed over 15 years in the wedding industry. He focuses on how to guide the buyer’s journey, discover couples’ real needs, and create sales proposals that sell themselves.
Sam’s led companies in venues, catering, planning, design, décor, and floral. He’s personally responded to thousands of inquiries, and booked hundreds of couples for millions in revenue.
He knows how and why couples make decisions.
Sam founded Ideaction four years ago with his wife, Katy. Since then, their team of seven has worked 1:1 with nearly 200 clients.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Sam’s background in the event industry and how his company, Ideaction Consulting, helps wedding pros with the sales process
- Sam’s first episode on the podcast – Episode 11: The Four Types of Business Personas
- The potential decision makers that wedding pros are simultaneously selling to – brides, grooms, moms dads, and more!
- The importance of determining who the actual decision makers are and what their needs and concerns are before trying to sell
- How to use your website to speak to multiple people involved in the buying process
- Questions to ask during the discovery phase of the sales process to better determine the clients’ pain points
- Tips for working with wedding planners when they are part of the sales process and therefore one of the decision makers
Want to connect with Sam?
- Online: https://www.ideactionconsulting.com/
- Instagram: @ideactionconsulting
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellweddingslikeapro
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!