Oh TikTok. You so crazy! But is this new social media platform something wedding pros should be jumping on? In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with a wedding planner who has jumped on the TikTok bandwagon to the tune of 28,000 followers and thinks it’s a great way to connect with the next generation of couples. Whether you’re already on the platform doing the Savage dance or don’t even know what the Savage dance is, this episode is definitely worth a listen.
About our guest:
Sarah Wintersteen is owner and creative director of Sistered States Event Styling, a boutique wedding planning company based out of Dallas, TX. She specializes in creating curated and classic events with a personalized playful twist for her couples. As a fourth generation business owner, Sarah started her event planning business at the age of 22 and has continued to build her business over the past 3 years, bringing personalized and elegant weddings to her couples around the DFW metroplex!
Over the past month, Sarah has taken her business to Tik Tok, the fastest growing social media platform in the world. In just 6 weeks, Sarah was able to grow her Tik Tok following to over 28 thousand followers, averaging around 5 to 10 thousand views on her videos. Taking advantage of this new social media platform, she has been able to share her wedding planning tips and tricks to the next generation of couples getting married!
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Sarah’s background and her start in the wedding industry
- The basics of TikTok – what is it? and how does it work?
- Why TikTok isn’t all about dancing and lip syncing and how small businesses can use it to connect with their audience
- How TikTok is different from Instagram Stories
- The number of leads Sarah gets each week directly from TikTok
Want to connect with Sarah?
- Online: https://www.sisteredstates.com/
- Instagram: @sisteredstates
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sisteredstateseventstyling
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sisteredstates/
- TikTok: @dallasweddingplanner
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!