Building any business takes hustle and grit. But constant hustling without taking a break is a sure way to hit burnout. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with an established wedding planner about her thoughts on hustling, resting, and how the two go hand in hand.
About our guest:
Spreading her metropolitan style throughout the low country, Terrica has been creating exquisite weddings and events in the Golden Isles area for the past fifteen years.
Specializing in modern Southern weddings, she believes in creating custom experiences inspired by her clients’ love stories while infusing technology and efficiency. A contributing board member of the North American Academy of Wedding and Event Planning, Terrica’s weddings and expertise have been featured in The Knot, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Weddings, HLN tv, Style Me Pretty and a host of others. In addition to leading a rockstar team at her planning and design firm, she also owns The White Lounge— a contemporary wedding planning studio for couples and wedding professionals.
A wave maker nominated for Honeybook’s 20 on the Rise and a current Educator with The Knot and Wedding Wire, she launched her new wedding industry education system, “Here Comes the Brand“. Terrica is an ardent educator of those in the wedding industry, also hosting the “She Doesn’t Even Go Here” podcast. As an avid lover of cake and champagne, you’ll find her at home in the Golden Isles with her four “fabutots”, and when not entertaining family and friends, she’s frequently binging on RuPaul’s Drag Race and Game of Thrones.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- Terrica’s background and how she got started in the wedding industry
- Why it’s important to hustle for your success instead of wish for it
- The importance of setting boundaries and periods of rest as a business owner
- Why keeping focused on your own business instead of comparing yourself to others is beneficial to your success
- The pros and cons of Clubhouse
- Tips for protecting your peace
Want to connect with Terrica?
- Online: http://terricainc.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cocktailterrica
- Instagram: @cocktailterrica
- Twitter: @terrica