How many events do you want to do in a year? Even more importantly, how many events can you do in a year while still providing excellent service to your clients? While some wedding businesses operate with volume in mind, others take on fewer events and give a higher touch experience. In this week’s episode of the This Week In Weddings podcast, we’re chatting with wedding planner and designer Wendy Kay about the different business models and the advantages of turning volume into higher value.
About our guest:
With a background in producing and directing live and recorded television for the better part of 10 years, Wendy is the definition of “quick on your feet.” She prides herself on being a solution-oriented problem solver—which has served her well in her 10 years of planning and executing flawless events. Wendy’s passion to create and execute original ideas for each of her couples’ weddings means that in addition to running smoothly, they are a fun, enjoyable, memorable, and tangible pieces of fine art.
With a straightforward approach, Wendy builds a rapport with her clients. She believes that the more she gets to know her couples, the better (and more personal) the wedding will be. Birds of a Feather Events was named a Top Planner to Follow by Martha Stewart Weddings and is on the much coveted “Brides Best Wedding Planners” list.
In this episode, listeners will hear about:
- The difference between a volume-based and value-based business
- How volume-based businesses have felt the affects of Covid-19
- Some ways you can tell if you’re a volume-based business
- Tips for moving from a volume business to one that does less volume but provides extreme value for your clients
- Pricing your services and how that plays into the volume vs. value model
- The biggest thing that goes into making the switch
- For Wendy’s background about how she got into the wedding industry, check out our first episode with her here.
Want to connect with Wendy?
- Online: http://birds-of-a-feather-events.com/
- Instagram: @birdsofafeatherevents
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Birdsofafeatherevents
SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Have you gotten value from This Week In Weddings? If so, it’s time to pay it forward! Your contribution of as little as 10-cents a day will help us offset our costs, like file storage, web hosting, and editing. Plus, a larger donation gets you perks, like access to a private Facebook group to discuss each week’s episode!